Brighten up your day with this gluten-free vegan Blood Orange and Rocket Salad - Simple, packed with vibrant colors and so refreshing!
While strolling around Borough Market the other day, I found some beautiful blood oranges and a Sicilian orange and rocket salad was the first thing to jump in my mind.
I thought the orange season was already over, but I tasted one and it was so juicy and full of flavour, I couldn't resist bringing a few bags home with me.
This beautiful blood orange salad showcases some of my favorite ingredients, starting of course with these utterly delicious Sicilian blood oranges.
Juicy, sweet and slightly tangy, they're perfect paired with some fresh rocket leaves and a handful of toasted almond flakes.
You can mix & match with regular oranges to add more sweetness or go all-in with just the zingy bloody variety.
I like to dress this light and refreshing salad with a super simple vinaigrette made with balsamic vinegar, blood orange juice and extra-virgin olive oil.
For a well-balanced lunch option, you can also add some crumbled feta or goat cheese.
I can barely take how much I adore this salad.
I make it all the time I find blood oranges at the market, and it's fantastic on its own but even better with grilled fish such as tuna or swordfish or with a simple grilled chicken or turkey breast.
If you're looking for a quick flavorful salad, this is it. This colorful gluten-free and vegan blood orange salad is so delicious, you'll want to make it on repeat!
I hope you will give this deliciously healthy salad a try! Don’t forget to leave a comment below or on my Facebook page, and let me know how you liked it!
More Salad Recipes To Try:
Blood Orange and Rocket Salad
- 150 g fresh arugula
- 2 large blood oranges, peeled and chopped into rounds
- 40 g almond flakes, toasted
- 70 g crumbled feta, optional
For the vinaigrette:
- juice of 1 blood orange
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- In a large bowl mix togheter rocket, blood oranges, almonds and feta ( if using).
- In a small bowl whisk together blood orange juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizze the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top with extra almonds and serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.