This French Blueberry Clafoutis is a classic dessert with sweet custard-like texture. Made with simple ingredients, this traditional recipe is the perfect answer if you’re looking for an easy dessert to share!
If you’re looking for the perfect breakfast/brunch/afternoon snack/ after-dinner dessert recipe to bake this weekend, you’ve come to the right place. Meet my delicious, easy French blueberry clafoutis!
This thick, fluffy and custardy cake is loaded with blueberry flavour, and SO easy to make with super simple ingredients.
When it comes to family favourite breakfasts, nothing beats a classic French blueberry clafoutis for me (although fluffly pancakes come straight after).
French Clafoutis is not as laborious to make, or heavy in sugars and butter, as other desserts, and it’s incredibly quick to put together.
It really makes a lovely cozy treat to share at your breakfast table over the weekend, and it’s just as great to enjoy with a nice cup of tea in the afternoon.
**This post is sponsored by a2 Milk™. All opinions are my own as usual!**
How To Make French Blueberry Clafoutis
This yummy French blueberry clafoutis is quick, easy and fuss-free to whip up.
All you need is super simple ingredients such as: blueberries, milk, flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla and almond extract.
You simply arrange the blueberries onto the bottom of a cast iron skillet.
Then throw all the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine them together.
Pour the batter over your blueberries, bake in the oven until set, and before you know, you’ll have a delicious warm French blueberry clafoutis ready to enjoy.
This custardy, delicious traditional French Blueberry Clafoutis is an easy family favourite dessert and a kid-friendly recipe.
If you’re looking for a simple fruit-loaded dessert to share, clafoutis will not disappoint! To make it accessible to whom, like me, has some issues digesting milk, for this recipe I used easy-to-digest fresh whole milk from a2 Milk™.
If you haven’t heard of a2 Milk™ before, it’s an award-winning brand that produces milk naturally free from the A1 milk protein, which is the one that causes many health issues to people who are dairy intolerant.
French Blueberry Clafoutis Recipe Common Questions
Can I use other fruit to make French clafoutis?
I had fresh from the farmers market blueberries, so I thought it was the perfect way to use them.
The traditional recipe calls for unpitted cherries, but other fruit variations such as peach, plums, strawberries or blackberries would all make a wonderful clafoutis.
Can I make gluten-free French clafoutis?
Yes, you can!
I’ve tested this French blueberry clafoutis with gluten-free flour and rice flour (if you’re in the UK look for Dove gluten-free flour or rice flour) and the result was pretty much the same as using all-purpose flour.
Easy French Blueberry
- 300 gr fresh blueberries
- olive oil or butter for greasing
- 1 tbsp sugar
- For the batter:
- 3 free-range eggs
- 250 ml fresh whole a2 Milk™
- 100 gr sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract optional
- 65 gr all-purpose flour
- a pinch of sea salt
- Place a baking rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F/190°C. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with olive oil or butter, sprinkle with sugar, arrange the blueberries evenly onto the bottom of the pan, and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract if using, followed by the flour and a pinch of salt. Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly over the blueberries into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven until set, and lightly golden-brown around the edges, about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the clafoutis from the oven, place the skillet on a wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes, then serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!