The mix of spices like cinnamon & ginger and the pumpkin sweetness makes this quick pancake recipe the perfect fall breakfast.
We don’t eat pancakes often at home, but it’s something I usually have fun preparing on weekends, and I’m always on the hunt for new interesting flavor combinations.
Pumpkin Pancakes are very famous in US, but it’s something we’re familiar with in Italy, so I’ve never tried them until I moved to London. I recently tasted them in a small cafe’ and I totally loved each bite. I thought it was about time to make them myself and share with you the recipe.
Today is also Shrove Tuesday ( Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras), which in other words, for Americans means Pancakes Day! And it sounds just the perfect time for trying out some a new pancake recipe.
These easy and quick pumpkin pancakes only require a bunch of simple ingredients you probably have already in your pantry, and ready in less than 15 min. Be aware, once you try this delicious pumpkin version, you might not be able to go back to traditional pancakes!
- all purpose flour - 1 and ¼ cups
- sugar - 2 tbsp
- baking powder - 2 tsp
- cinnamon, ground - ½ tsp
- ginger, ground - ½ tsp
- salt - ½ tsp
- nutmeg, ground - ⅛ tsp
- milk - 1-1/4 cups
- pumpkin puree, fresh or canned - 8 tbsp
- butter, melted - 2 tbsp + extra for cooking
- egg - 1
- syrup and butter - to serve
- In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, pumpkin puree and melted butter.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ones and mix until combined.
- Heat a skillet with a bit of butter over med-heat. Then pour in ¼ cup of the mixture and cook each pancake for about 2 mins on each side or until golden.
- Serve your pancakes with syrup and extra butter on top.