Fluffy, super tasty and ready in just 15 minutes, Eggs in a Cloud make an awesome breakfast or lunch, and are naturally dairy-free and gluten-free!
I've got for you two fantastic reasons to celebrate today: first, it's FriYAY! Second, it's National Vegetarian Week!
To celebrate, I thought it would be fun to share a vegetarian twist on a classic breakfast staple: eggs+bacon.
Have you ever tried eggs in a cloud (or cloudy eggs)? They have become HUGELY popular lately, and I'm so excited to finally share this recipe with you.
**This post is sponsored by Quorn. All opinions are my own**
Eggs in a Cloud might be a little hipster, but from all the fancy ways to cook eggs, this is most definitely the easiest one (besides perhaps Italian mini frittatas).
Packed with simple but amazing flavors, requiring little effort and ZERO cooking experience, these Eggs in a Cloud are ready in just 15 min of your time.
All you need to make them is 3 simple ingredients: free-range eggs, chives, and Quorn™ vegetarian bacon.
For this awesome recipe, I've partnered up with Quorn, one of the most established and reliable brands for all the vegetarians out there.
Have you ever tried Quorn bacon rashers? They're flavorful thin stripes of vegetarian awesomeness, smoky and high in protein, a perfect meat-free alternative for a tasty breakfast.
Back to the recipe, once you have gathered all your 4 ingredients, these Eggs in a Cloud are ridiculously easy to make.
All you have to do is whipping up the egg whites and arrange them like little fluffy clouds on a baking tray.
Bake for a few minutes, then add the yolks on top and bake for a few extra minutes.
Et-voila! Before you know it, your fancy-looking eggs are all ready to WOW you and the rest of the family.
These fluffy and light Eggs In a Cloud make an impressive, yet simple, breakfast/brunch/light lunch in less than 15 minutes.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
Eggs in a Cloud
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp chives finely chopped
- 3 rashers Quorn vegetarian bacon finely chopped
- a generous pinch of sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220C / 450F, and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Carefully separate the egg whites from the yolk, making sure not to break the yolks.
- Add the egg whites and a pinch of salt in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, and whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently mix in the chives and bacon bits.
- Spoon the egg whites mixture into even little clouds over your prepared baking tray.
- Arrange the baking tray the middle rack of your oven, and bake the egg whites for 3 minutes.
- Gently place 1 egg yolk on top of each cloud, and bake for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, with freshly cracked black pepper on top.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.