If you are looking for a lighter alternative to brownies, these dairy-free blondies are definitely the answer. They make a wonderful treat and are ready in less than 30 minutes!
These Lemon Blondies are light but still impressively delicious and moist. Plus, they're completely dairy-free!
Don't get me wrong, I'm BIG fan of brownies, and when I'm having a chocolate cravings moment, brownies are the first thing I love to make.
But these dairy-free blondies have quickly gained a special place in my heart. They are a total treat, but made a bit lighter than their darker counterpart, and are super easy to make.
How To Make Lemon Blondies
I really can't stress enough how simple these little cakey treats are.
All you need to make these dairy-free blondies, is a bunch of simple everyday ingredients.
My secret for making these blondies lighter is replacing butter with extra virgin olive oil.
When it comes to cooking, EVOO is definitely a lighter alternative, and you can also use it for baking loads of sweet treats ( here are some info's on how to correctly substitute butter with olive oil).
I've added vegan coconut milk yogurt , but if you don't have any particular dietary requirement you can also use plain Greek yogurt, or whichever you like the most. Or just get inspired by one of these 7 vegan yogurts to try.
Last but not least, the star ingredient, lemons.
When you live in Sicily like I used to, it's easy to put your hands on beautiful lemons that smell like heaven. But I'm sure you can find great lemons wherever you live.
Always buy organic lemons, they smell and taste better, and are un-waxed. Shiny and super yellow lemons are normally waxed, so if you buy those scrub them very well before use.
Once you have all the ingredients ready, it's time to prep!
Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, the wet ones in another, and mix mix mix.
Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ones and stir until you have a smooth batter (make sure to not over mix the batter).
Pour the batter into a baking pan, and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Et-voila! Your dairy-free blondies are all ready to be devoured.
Lemon Dairy-free Blondies
- 1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon baking soda
- ¼ cup dairy-free plain yogurt, I use coconut yogurt
- 3 tablespoon light Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 eggs
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 360 F/ 180 C.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Place all the wet ingredients into another bowl (including lemon zest) and mix until fully combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ones and stir until you have a smooth batter (make sure to not over mix the batter).
- Line a 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, and pour evenly the prepared batter into it.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden on top.
- When ready, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 mins.
- Transfer into a large cutting board, and cut the blondies into squares or your favorite shape.
- Whisk the zest and powdered sugar, gradually pour in the lemon juice until you get a thick glaze.
- Brush the blondies surface with the lemon glaze.
- Allow to set and serve. Enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
More Brownies Recipes To Try
If you are a fan of brownies, make sure you give these other versions a try, they're all super easy and taste delicious:
- Espresso Coffee Brownies
- Avocado Brownies (Gluten-free and Dairy-free)
Leave a Reply