Rich, decadent and extremely easy to make Nutella tart – Made with little if no effort at all and ready in just 30 mins.
Who doesn’t love Nutella? I’m pretty sure there are plenty nutella-fans out there – and the famous pastry chef Pierre Hermé is one of those. Did you know he created this nutella tart recipe especially for his wife? You couldn’t expect any less from one of the best pastry chefs of the world.
I’ve decided to give a nice healthy twist to the original recipe and replace the store-bought version with my homemade Nutella. It takes 10 mins to make and it’s well worth the wait. Believe me when I say this is really GOOD STUFF.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, or just feel like a bit of baking, this heart-warming decadent nutella tart will be a luxury treat for your tastebuds.
Nutella Tart inspired by Pierre Hermé
- 1 roll/250gr Shortcrust pastry
- 2/3 cup Homemade Nutella
- 4.5 oz/140 gr Semi sweet dark chocolate 50%, chopped
- 3.5 oz/100gr Butter room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 3 Large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup Chopped skinned almonds
- 1 tsp Orange zest
- Powdered sugar to decorate the top
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry on a parchment covered tart baking pan. Blind bake (cover with extra parchment and dry beans) in a preheated oven to 350F(180C) for 10 mins. Then spread nutella on top.
- Put chocolate and butter in 2 bowls. Microwave until melted. Allow to cool a bit. Lightly whisk the chocolate with egg, then fold 1 yolk at a time until fully incorporated. Add sugar in.
- Add sugar and orange zest in, fold warm butter in and mix until just combined. Fill the tart shell with the ganache and top with almonds. Bake for 11 mins.
- Allow to cool 20mins then sprinkle powdered sugar and extra almonds on top and serve.
If you try this recipe, let me know how you liked it! Post a comment here below or snap a picture and tag it #thepetitecook on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with!