These Pesto Zucchini Noodles With Shrimps are loaded with summer flavour, but totally gluten-free and so much lighter than a bowl of pasta.
In summertime I try to cut back on carbs and make lighter meals. And zucchini noodles (zoodles/courgetti) are a simple and fun way to do so.
I love using my spiralizer and I make zoodles multiple times per week. I really enjoy the crunchy texture of zucchini noodles, but if you don’t have this gadget, use a mandoline slicer or cheap julienne peeler.
It takes literally 7 simple ingredients to put together these zoodles recipe, and it’s ready in less than 15 mins.
Wholesome and gluten-free, it's just perfect for a quick dinner option on busy week-nights.
I took my old trusted Italian recipe for pasta with zucchini and shrimps, and implemented a few add-ons like cherry tomatoes and basil pesto ( but rocket pesto and red pepper pesto work well too) for extra flavor.
And of course, I left the pasta in the cupboard, making this recipe 100% gluten-free.
Also, I've been having a bit of Greek inspiration in my recipes lately, so I added some feta cheese on top. You may of course leave the cheese out to keep it lighter, but trust me, it makes the whole dish even tastier!
For a light summery menu you may pair this easy pesto zucchini noodles & shrimps with a slice of this vibrant No-bake Yogurt Fruit Tart:
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Shrimps and Feta
- 3 medium large zucchini
- a glug of extravirgin olive oil
- 200 g fresh king prawns/shrimps, cleaned and deveined
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoonhomemade pesto
- 100 g feta cheese
- a bunch of fresh basil leaves
- zest of ½ lemon
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- With the help of a spiralizer or julienne peeler, make zucchini noodles.
- Fold the zucchini noodles in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 1-2 mins.
- In the meantime, heat a large pan with a glug of olive oil. Stir in the shrimps and cherry tomatoes and cook for about 3-4 mins, until the prawns are cooked through. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Drain the zoodles and add fold them into the pan with the other ingredients. Mix in the pesto and remove from the heat.
- Scatter crumbled feta and basil leaves all over, and top with grated lemon zest. Serve immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.