The easiest seafood pasta recipe, made with clams, mussels, squid and shrimp in a creamy and rich tomato sauce. A quick and delicious dinner ready in 20 mins!
This fancy-looking Italian-style pasta recipe is one of the easiest, most impressive meals you can have on the table in less than 20 mins.
For this Quick Seafood Fresh Pasta, I've used very simple ingredients: Italian fresh pasta (I used fresh spaghetti), a mix of seafood (squid, mussels, clams and shrimps), a small red onion, a handful of cherry tomatoes and lemon zest.
Other than that, you'll just need some basics such as good-quality extra-virgin olive oil and aromatic herb.
Making this super tasty pasta couldn't be easier. All you have to do is saute' the seafood sauce, cook the pasta for a couple of minutes, and mix it with the sauce. There you go, an awesome fancy-looking meal ready in less than a blink!
Choosing the right ingredients, as regular readers will know, is important for me just as much as cooking them.
As a proud Italian, I make my own fresh pasta whenever I can, but you know how busy life is, so don't feel bad if you use store-bought fresh pasta, or regular pasta.
Just make sure to choose high-quality pasta, that's the key for a great meal.
I really love how easy and simple it is to put together, it's on of those meals that makes dinner time a breeze.
Finally, I often like to serve it family-style directly from the pot, and pair it with a good Italian wine, especially if I have guests coming over- It's sure to be a success!
MORE PASTA RECIPES
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Quick Seafood Pasta
- 400 g pasta, I've used fresh spaghetti
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 450 g frozen or fresh seafood mix,
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- zest of half lemon
- handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- handful fresh basil, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- In the meantime, heat a large pan with the olive oil, over medium heat.
- Add in onion and tomatoes and cook, stirring often, for about 5 mins. Season to taste.
- Fold in the seafood mix and continue to cook for a further 5-6 mins, or until the seafood are cooked through.Season with salt and pepper to taste
- When the water boils, drop the pasta in and cook al dente, about 2-3 mins if using fresh pasta.
- Transfer the pasta into the pot with the seafood sauce and stir all ingredients together. Sprinkle with lemon zest, freshly chopped basil and parsley on top, and drizzle with a little bit of extra olive oil if you like. Serve immediately, family-style directly from the pot.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.