Salmon and Tomato Tartare is a perfect recipe for a quick, healthy no-fuss Summer meal!
Salmon is the most versatile fish you can put your hands on: grilled, poached, barbecued, steamed, stir-fried, are just a few ways you can have it.
It is an excellent source of high-quality proteins, and has a great amount of Omega-3, the good fatty acids that contribute to healthy brain function and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Don’t panic at the word “fatty“, Salmon is one of the best options for a healthy diet: a 100gr portion contains 231 kcal, 25gr protein and 3.2gr saturated fat.
A salmon tartare is an amazing dish to have during Summer, it takes 5 mins only and requires just a few fresh ingredients.
Always use the freshest salmon possible, Japanese sashimi-quality-style, since you are going to eat it raw. You can also switch it for smoked salmon, which is also safe to eat during pregnancy.
Pick organic tomatoes, juicy and tasty, and finish the dish with a splash of good quality, fruity Italian Extravirgin-Olive Oil.
Et voilà! Summer is served!
This quick and easy Salmon and Tomato Tartare has also been featured on Bon Appetit Magazine.
- 120gr Fresh salmon fillet, finely diced
- 1 Organic tomato
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 2 tsp Extravirgin-Olive Oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Place the salmon cubes in a small bowl, add 1 tsp Extravirgin-Olive oil and seasonwith salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cut the tomato in half, spoon the seeds and juice out and discard.
- Finely cube the tomato, place in a bowl and add chives and the remaining oil.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste and gently mix.
- Arrange the seasoned salmon on a serving dish, spoon the tomato&chives on top and serve immediately.