In need of a super simple 20-minute, healthy fuss-free meal? Look no further, it really does not get better than this bowl of Thai Sweet Chili Salmon Soba noodles right here. It’s packed with healthy proteins, fats and fiber and it’s completely dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free.
When I’m not cooking italian-inspired dishes, most of the time I love to prepare asian-style meals at home. Quick, easy and full of veggies, asian food is definitely one of my favorites. Although this is the very first recipe on the blog that calls for soba noodles, they are a staple in my house: nutritious, light and super easy to prepare.
Classic soba noodles are usually made from buckwheat, they’re easy to digest and packed with amino acids and antioxidants. You may go for the traditional ones, but in this case I opted for black soba noodles. They’re made from black rice -a deep purple coloured rice with a nutty flavour which is rich in minerals and fibre. Plus, they’re gluten-free and really light- my absolutely my favorite noodles!
These Thai Sweet Chili Salmon Soba Noodles come together super quick and are the perfect healthy weeknight meal. The recipe takes about 20 min and requires less than 10 simple ingredients: fresh salmon (organic wild salmon is preferable), Thai sweet chili sauce, frozen peas, carrots, broccolini, spring onion, lime and cilantro.
Thai sweet chili sauce is one of those condiments (together with good balsamic vinegar) that I never run out in my kitchen. This stuff is totally addicting. I mean, seriously, I could probably eat anything with a generous spoon of sweet chili sauce on top.
I also added some lime juice to the sweet chili sauce for a refreshing twist. I find that the citrusy flavour balances very well the natural fattiness coming from the salmon.
Whether you make it for lunch or dinner, these speedy salmon soba noodles are a fantastic option. Loaded with healthy veggies, lightly sweet and spicy and incredibly flavorsome. What’s not to love? Give them a try, trust me, you’ll love to make them over and over again!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
Thai Sweet Chili Salmon Soba Noodles
- 200 gr fresh skin-on salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- shichimi to taste (optional)
- 150 gr broccolini
- 1 medium carrot peeled and julienned (cut into fine matchsticks)
- 80 gr frozen peas defrosted
- 150 gr soba noodles I used gluten-free black soba noodles
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- a handful of cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds optional
- good-quality olive oil
- sea salt
- In a small bowl, mix together sweet chili sauce, lime juice and shichimi (if using). Add the salmon, coat well with the mixture and leave to marinate for 10 min.
- Heat a large skillet with a glug of olive oil over medium heat. Lift the salmon from the marinade , season with salt and cook skin down for 2 min, then turn on the other side and cook a further 2 min.
- Take the salmon off the pan, remove the skin, and chop into bite-sized chunks (it should still be raw in the center).
- Heat the skillet again with another swirl of olive oil, then fold in peas, carrot sticks and broccolini and stir-fry for 2 min. Pour in the salmon and its marinade, add a bit of water, and cook for 2 min, then remove from the heat.
- In the meantime, cook the noodles following pack instructions. Drain well, and fold them into the pan with the other ingredients. Toss in spring onion, sesame seeds (optional) and cilantro, and mix everything together.
- For a bit of extra kick, mix in another glug of sweet chili sauce and serve immediately.