This Thai Chicken power salad will burst your energy up and keep you light and healthy at the same time!
I love eating loads of salad on weekdays ( and weekend too), it's an easy way to stay fit and get plenty of nutritious vegetables without a ton of calories.
However, a mixed greens salad can leave your stomach rumbling not long after you put down your fork. That's why pairing it with a lean protein can easily turn a bunch of greens into a power salad.
The combination of ginger, cilantro, lime juice, fish sauce and soy sauce, sweetened by brown sugar, makes a sweet, savory, and bold marinade for the chicken.
It's inspired by traditional recipe vendors in Thailand use when cooking grilled chicken, one of the many popular street foods.
This Thai marinade is super easy and quick to make, all you need to do is combine all ingredients together in a ziplock bag and rest in the fridge for 15 mins.
Once you're ready to grill, pat the chicken dry with some kitchen paper and grill it until nicely golden-brown and cooked through.
The marinade will make your chicken juicy and packed with flavours, so I only season the chicken with a little sea salt flakes, black pepper and grated lemon zest.
And it's so tasty and simple to make I could easily have it every day!
I've paired this light Thai-style chicken with an energy-packed salad made with superfoods like carrots, pomegranate and spinach.
I've also added a little Thai red chilli into the mix, which gives the dish a nice spicy kick ( but it's totally optional!).
Why is it a power salad?
A superfoods-packed salad is a colourful way to get into your body all the healthy benefits of antioxidants, vitamins and fiber contained in carrots, pomegranate, lime juice, spinach, celery, arugula and radish.
Pair it with a simple and juicy grilled chicken breast - it's low in fat but packs in tons of satiating protein that will keep you filled up for longer ( and it helps with cookie/cake/ice cream cravings too).
This Thai Chicken Power salad will boost your energy up and keep you light and healthy at the same time!
MORE THAI RECIPES
- Easy Thai Prawn Curry
- The Easiest Vegan Pad Thai
- Thai Red Fish Curry
- Vegan Thai Green Curry (Ready in Just 20 min!)
Thai Chicken Power Salad
- For the Thai chicken:
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 2 fresh cilantro sprigs
- juice of lime
- 4 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ piece fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Extravirgin olive oil, for grilling
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- zest of half lemon, to serve
- For the salad:
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cup arugula
- 2 cup baby spinach leaves or/and other mixed baby salad leaves
- 2 carrot, finely sliced
- 2 cup radishes, finely sliced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 Thai red chili, seeded and finely sliced ( optional)
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- Extravirgin olive oil, to drizzle
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the marinate ingredients into a large ziplock bag.
- Add the chicken chunks, gently mix altogether, close and refrigerate for at least 15 mins.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and gently pat a little dry with kitchen paper. Brush each piece with a little olive oil.
- Heat a grilling pan over medium heat. When it's hot, add the chicken and cook on both sides for about 10 mins, or until it's no longer pink inside and cooked through. Season to taste and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- In the meantime, mix all salad ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice and serve alongside the chicken. Enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Leave a Reply