These protein-packed Veggie Omelet Muffins can be easily made in advance and are naturally gluten-free and vegetarian – The perfect bite-sized breakfast on the go for busy mornings!
Late breakfast on weekends is one of the things I love the most, and in our family pretty much always involves eggs.
Whether it is simply poached eggs on avocado toast, all kinds of Italian frittata or classic French omelettes, fresh local eggs are the stars of our breakfast time.
Lately, I've been quite obsessed with these easy protein-packed veggie omelet muffins.
Naturally gluten-free and vegetarian, these are totally customizable to meet your taste. I personally like to keep them pretty simple and packed with veggies.
I love making a big batch on Sunday morning and serve them piping hot from the oven. But, they're just as tasty at room temperature, making them perfect picnics/lunchbox material.
They're also easily freezable, so you can enjoy these savoury egg muffins all week long.
All you have to do is pop them in the microwave for a couple of minutes to have a delicious breakfast ready to go.
Vegetarian Egg Muffins Ingredients
These easy savory breakfast muffins come together in less than 30 minutes and can be easily made ahead.
All you need 1 bowl, 5 minutes of prep, and a bunch of fresh simple ingredients such as eggs, milk and veggies.
I used fresh courgette (zucchini), mixed bell peppers and shallots (white/red onion works just a great).
Feel absolutely free to use your favorite veggies or whatever you've got in the fridge. I'll leave a few other ingredients combo below!
Make sure you don't skip the milk, as it gives a nice airy texture and makes these omelet muffins spongy and lighter.
How To Make Omelet Muffins
Once you have all the ingredients ready, these nutrient-packed egg muffins come together so easily.
- Beat the eggs, fold in milk, seasoning and chopped veggies and divide the mixture into the cups of a large muffin tin.
- Pop your omelet muffins in the oven for about 15 minutes, and you're pretty much done!
Packed with wholesome veggeis, these energy-packed muffins are easily going to become a breakfast favourite!
Customize your muffins
If you're looking to up your muffins game, here are some other family favourite ingredients combo:
- Parma prosciutto + Shiitake mushrooms
- Pumpkin + Thyme Leaves + Kale
- Spinach + Leek + Parmesan cheese
More Breakfast Recipes To Try:
Happy breakfast friends!
Veggie Omelet Muffins
- 5 free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh whole milk
- 1 courgette green part only (discard seed core) finely cubed
- 3 tbsp yellow pepper finely cubed
- 3 tbsp red pepper finely cubed
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F and arrange a baking tray in the middle shelf.
- Brush with extra-virgin olive oil a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, then whisk in the milk and season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Fold in chopped zucchini, bell peppers and onion and mix until combined.
- Pour 1/2 the omelet mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 min or until crispy on the sides and golden on top.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool before removing the muffins from the cups, then serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
*This post was originally published in March 2018 and update with more info and video recipe*