These protein-packed Veggie Omelet Muffins can be easily made in advance and are naturally gluten-free and vegetarian – The perfect bite-sized breakfast on the go for busy mornings!
Late breakfast on weekends is one of the things I love the most, and in our family pretty much always involves eggs.
Whether it is simply poached eggs on avocado toast, all kinds of Italian frittata or classic French omelettes, fresh local eggs are the stars of our breakfast time.
Lately, I’ve been quite obsessed with these easy protein-packed veggie omelet muffins.
**This post is sponsored by a2 Milk™. All opinions are my own as usual**
I love making a big batch on Sunday morning and serve them piping hot from the oven. But, they’re just as tasty at room temperature, making them perfect picnics/lunchbox material.
They’re also easily freezable, so you can enjoy these savoury egg muffins all week long.
All you have to do is pop them in the microwave for a couple of minutes to have a delicious breakfast ready to go.
Veggie Omelet Muffins Ingredients
These easy Veggie Omelet Muffins come together in less than 30 minutes and can be easily made ahead.
All you need 1 bowl, 5 minutes of prep and a bunch of fresh simple ingredients such as eggs, milk and veggies.
I used fresh courgette (zucchini), mixed bell peppers and shallots (white/red onion works just a great).
Feel absolutely free to use your favourite veggies or whatever you’ve got in the fridge. I’ll leave a few other ingredients combo below!
Make sure you don’t skip the milk, as it gives a nice airy texture and makes these omelet muffins spongy and lighter.
I believe in better so I use a2 Milk™ to make my veggie omelet muffins.
If you’re not familiar with a2 Milk™, it’s an award-winning fresh cow’s milk that naturally contains only the A2 protein, and it tastes absolutely delicious. My whole family love the difference!
How To Make Egg Muffins
Once you have all the ingredients ready, these nutrient-packed egg muffins come together so easily.
Beat the eggs, fold in milk, seasoning and chopped veggies and divide the mixture into the cups of a large muffin tin.
Pop your omelet muffins in the oven for about 15 minutes, and you’re pretty much done!
Packed with protein and veggies, these hearty Veggie Omelet Muffins are easily going to become a breakfast favourite!
How To Customize Your Omelet Muffins
If you’re looking to up your omelet muffins game, here are some other family favourite ingredients combo:
- Parma prosciutto + Shiitake mushrooms
- Pumpkin + Thyme Leaves + Kale
- Spinach + Leek + Parmesan cheese
More Breakfast Recipes To Try:
Happy breakfast friends!
Veggie Omelet Muffins
- 5 free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh whole milk (I use a2 Milk™)
- 1 courgette green part only (discard seed core) finely cubed
- 3 tbsp yellow pepper finely cubed
- 3 tbsp red pepper finely cubed
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra-virgin olive oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F and arrange a baking tray in the middle shelf.
- Spray with oil a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, then whisk in the milk and season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Fold in chopped zucchini, bell peppers and onion and mix until combined.
- Pour 1/2 the omelet mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 min or until crispy on the sides and golden on top.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool before removing the muffins from the cups, then serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
*This post was originally published in March 2018 and update with more info and video recipe*