These Vietnamese Salmon Summer Rolls are ready in 15 minutes and make a flavourful light meal or snack.
Bright, fresh and super crunchy, Vietnamese summer rolls are healthy, nutritious and absolutely delicious.
I love making them on busy days and taking them with me as a quick lunch on the go.
It's also one of my favourite finger food to share whenever I have friends coming over because they're so easy to customize with all sorts of ingredients and flavours.
Ready in just 15 minutes, this easy Vietnamese-inspired recipe is conveniently gluten-free and dairy-free.
VIETNAMESE SUMMER ROLLS INGREDIENTS
To make these easy summer rolls, all you need is a bunch of simple ingredients:
- crunchy fresh veggies
- rice paper wraps
- steamed salmon fillets
For the veggies: I used spinach leaves, purple cabbage and carrots, but feel free to use any kind of veggies you like.
I kept my rolls pretty basic, and didn't add any fresh herbs, but you can add your favourite fresh herbs: cilantro, mint, and basil all work well.
For the fish: you can buy pre-cooked salmon fillets so a very quick meal, alternatively, if you have a bit of extra time, simply steam two salmon fillets, let them cool slightly, and proceed with the recipe.
For the rice paper wraps: you should be able to find them at your local Asian store, or in big supermarkets (look for the international aisle).
I usually opt for the large 22cm wraps, but the small ones are perfect for party-sized summer rolls.
For the dipping sauce: you can serve these salmon summer rolls with your favorite dipping sauce. Sweet chilli sauce, sriracha and of course, the basic Vietnamese dipping sauce called Nuoc Cham all work well.
These Vietnamese Salmon Summer Rolls are so crunchy and refreshing that you would want to prepare them again and again.
They're a perfect spring/summer snack to bring to the office/ school or to serve at parties and picnics!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
Vietnamese Salmon Summer Rolls
- 4 steamed salmon fillets , (125 gr each)
- 3 carrots
- ½ purple cabbage
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 10 rice paper wraps
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Start by prepping all the veggies. Finely slice the cabbage, peel the carrots and cut into thin matchsticks, and set both veggies aside.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and cut into small chunks, and set aside.
- Pour very warm water in a large bowl. Dip rice paper wrap in the water for 10-15 sec and then spread it gently on a clean cutting board.
- On one side of the wet rice paper wrap, layer few spinach leaves, 4-5 carrot matchsticks and few slices of cabbage. Top with salmon chunks and brush with your favourite sauce.
- Roll the bottom of the rice paper over the salmon & veggies, then fold in the left and right side, and continue to fold over and roll until your summer roll is sealed.
- Repeat the method for each roll.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges and your favorite dipping sauce on the side.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.