This Easter, give deviled eggs an unexpected twist and fill them with tasty, irresistible Chipotle guacamole!
These guacamole deviled eggs are one of the tastier vegetarian finger foods I’ve ever had in my life –I promise. Rich flavor, beautiful appearance, they make the perfect snack to serve at Easter parties and happy hours.
The original recipe recalls for mayonnaise, but these deviled eggs are totally mayo-free and yet have an incredible rich texture thanks to the avocados.
Avocados are full of potassium, vitamin K, vitamin E and B vitamins. Also, they have a very high amount of fiber, making it one of best super foods around.
Since I’m one of those crazy avocado fans, I thought guacamole would be an egg-cellent addiction my deviled eggs! I’ve also added a pinch of chipotle, to give it an extra kick, but if you’re more on the mild side, you can substitute it with sweet or hot paprika.
To fill the eggs, I normally use a piping bag as it helps a lot if you want tidy and mess-free deviled eggs. Don’t panic if you don’t have any at hands, simply spoon the guacamole into the egg, it may be less fancy, but still the same goodness.
These Chipotle guacamole deviled eggs are definitely a must-try, plus they’re dairy-free & gluten free, so great for everyone with allergies! As soon as you taste them you will want to make them all over again.
They’re fantastic to serve at Easter parties but really, every occasion is perfect to dig into these yummy snack!
If you’d prefer to stick to the original deviled eggs recipe, I got you covered my friends. These Deviled quail eggs are simply an egg-cellent snack!!
Chipotle Guacamole Deviled Eggs - The Egg-straordinary Easter Snack
- 6 large eggs
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 tsp finely chopped chipotle
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro;
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pot of boiling water, fold in the eggs and allow to cook for 11 min.
- In the meantime, prepare the guacamole.Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Put avocados and the remaining ingredients into a blender and mix until creamy, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the guacamole into a piping bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When the eggs are ready,cool them under cold running water, and peel them.
- Cut each egg horizontally in half and scoop out the cooked yolks. You can use them for another recipe or in salads.
- Pipe the guacamole into each egg half, season to taste and serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.