Looking for a fun foodie project to make with your kids? Try this fruit meal!
I always have lots of fruit hanging around in the kitchen, so I decided to have some fun and play with the ingredients a little more than I normally do.
In a just a few minutes, you can put together a cool and tasty burger, and french fries. Of course fries!
I mixed some mango with coconut, agave and mint for a fresh and sweet burger.
I added some kiwis and pineapple to give a little tartness, and I made the fries out of a golden apple.
I hope you really like it and will try this at home, I'm pretty sure it will WOW your kids!
For more fun desserts try:
- Homemade Bounty Bars
- 2-Ingredient Cookies (Vegan + Flourless)
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Brownies
- Water Cake: A Dairy-free, Egg-free, Magic Cake
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment and/or a rating below, and share a picture and tag @thepetitecook on Instagram!
Reading your feedback and looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
Healthy Fruit Meal
- 2 apple red delicious
- 1 apple golden delicious
- 1 kiwi cut into slices
- 4 thin strips of pineapple
- 3 oz mango finely cubed
- 2 tbsp of shredded coconut
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- ½ tsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 3 tsp lime juice
- finely crumbled pistachios - to sprinkle
- 1 tsp blueberries
- 1 round slice Nectarine
- brown sugar - to sprinkle
- In a bowl, mix mango cubes together with mint leaves, coconut and agave nectar. With your hand form a pattie , just like an hamburger.
- Slice off the top of one red apple and discard. Spoon some of the pulp out of the apple and drizzle with 1 tsp of lime juice.
- Cut the golden apple into sticks and arrange inside the red apple. Drizzle with orange juice and sprinkle with brown sugar. Rest in the fridge while you make the burger.
- Slice the top off the second apple and set aside. Slice off the bottom as well. Use the middle part for another recipe.
- Drizzle the bottom of the apple with a tsp of lime juice and arrange 3 kiwi slices on top.
- Transfer the mango burger on top of the kiwi slices.
- Place the nectarine slice on top and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Place the pineapple strips above the nectarine, and arrange the remaining kiwi slices on top.
- Close the burger with the top of the apple and arrange blueberries on top as well.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.