Enjoy the vibrant sweet & savory combination of cantaloupe melon, zucchini, Greek feta and baby mint leaves – This is easy yet impressive Melon & Zucchini carpaccio plays more than just a supporting role, it’s the star of the table!
This melon and zucchini carpaccio is a fantastic light starter, it takes no more than 10 minutes to make and gives a super tangy, fresh and juicy crunch in the mouth. I love how the contrasting flavors complement one another beautifully, bringing out an unusual delicious dish.
This is one of the easiest appetizer recipes I’ve ever made, all you need is five ingredients: crumbled Greek feta, thinly sliced zucchini and cantaloupe melon, fresh baby mint leaves and a glug of organic Extravirgin olive oil.
You don’t need any fancy accessory to make the thin zucchini and melon slices, a good old-school peeler is good enough. Simply slice the zucchini lengthwise, cut in half a cantaloupe and remove all the seeds and peel, then with the help of a peeler cut into thin slices. Once your veg&fruit are ready, simply plate them in a nice dish and decorate with crumbled feta, baby mint leaves, and a glug of organic Extravirgin olive oil.
Simple yet impressive , this melon & zucchini carpaccio is one of my favorite Spring and Summer vegetarian appetizers, and it makes a well-balanced quick lunch even when you’re in a hurry during the week.
Today’s also meat free Monday, so it’s the perfect time to try it out, but really every day of the week will be good enough for you to enjoy this refreshing carpaccio!
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- ½ cantaloupe melon
- 7oz Greek organic feta cheese, crumbled
- handful of fresh baby mint leaves
- 2 glugs Extravirgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise with the help of a peeler. You can choose to remove the seeds or keep them according to your taste. Arrange on a plate and set aside.
- Remove all the cantaloupe seeds and peel, then with the help of a peeler cut into thin slices.
- Divide the melon and zucchini slices in two serving plates, and decorate with crumbled feta, baby mint leaves, and a glug of Etravirgin olive oil. Season with freshly cracked sea salt and pepper and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Looking for more inspiration? Browse more meat free Monday recipes!