This mini no-bake Nutella cheesecake is super easy to make and makes a great party dessert!
Incredibly easy to make, this light no-bake Nutella cheesecake is THE chocolate dessert that will almost definitely make you a happier human being.
What makes this cheesecake healthier?
Simple, the choice of ingredients. Swap cream cheese with fresh light ricotta cheese and use a lighter crust as a base.
You may have noticed by now that I always choose ricotta cheese for my cheesecakes over store-bought cream cheese.
The reason why I prefer ricotta is definitely that it's healthier and lighter. Y
ou can opt for traditional ricotta made with whole cow/sheep milk or choose a light version made with 2% milk.
Good-quality ricotta will only list milk, salt and an acid coagulant as ingredients, nothing else.
Ricotta is usually watery when first made, but the best store-bought versions should be already drained when sold, resulting in a creamier and richer cheese.
It's worth mentioning that you can also make your own ricotta in less than 1 hour. Surely it'll knock the socks off of any store-bought version!
To make the cheesecake filling, start by mixing fresh firm ricotta with finely ground demerara sugar or caster sugar, until you reach a smooth rich texture.
Then add lemon & orange zest and half vanilla bean if you like, a spoonful of chopped pistachio is a great addition too.
At this point, just fold in a generous amount of Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread. Give it a nice mix and your cheesecake filling is ready.
When it comes to the cheesecake base you can either go for the classic mixture of sugar, digestive biscuits ( or use a light version) and butter.
For a lighter option go for a healthy gluten-free alternative and mix the almond meal with softened pitted dates.
Serve straight from the fridge and indulge in this chocolatey light no-bake Nutella cheesecake with no shame!
MORE CHOCOLATE DESSERTS TO TRY
- Water Cake: A Dairy-free, Egg-free, Magic Cake
- Caprese Cake (Gluten-free Chocolate Cake)
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Brownies
- The EASIEST Vegan Chocolate Muffins
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment and/or a rating below, and share a picture and tag @thepetitecook on Instagram! Reading your feedback and looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
No-bake Nutella Cheesecake
For the base:
- 1 cup softened pitted dates
- 1 cup lightly toasted almond meal
For the filling:
- 500 gr ricotta cheese well drained
- 150 gr caster sugar or ground demerara sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- zest of ½ lemon
- ½ vanilla pod seeds optional
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios optional
- 5 tbsp homemade nutella or high-quality store-bought version
- In a food processor mix together all the cheesecake base ingredients until combined.
- Put the mixture into a cake tin covered with cling film, and use your fingers or the back of a spoon to spread it evenly, pressing it down in the tin to form the base. Put the tin into the fridge to set for about 30 min.
- In the meantime prepare the filling. Put the ricotta and sugar in a large bowl and mix energetically with a spatula or hand blender until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the orange zest & lemon, vanilla and pistachio if using, then fold the nutella in. Gently mix by hand until combined.
- Remove the cheesecake tin from the fridge. Pour the filling over the base and spread evenly.
- Return to the fridge until set and ready to serve (rest at least for 4 hours).
For the classic cheesecake base mix 15 finely crumbled digestive biscuits,
2+½ tbsp melted butter and 1 tbsp sugar.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.