Sweet, tart and refreshing, this cocktail tastes like a vacation in a glass. All you need are 3 ingredients to make the best sweet and sour amaretto cocktail!
Amaretto is a sweet almond-flavoured Italian liqueur, a great drink on its own, even better when mixed with other ingredients.
Surprisingly, in the original version, the almond flavour doesn't come from almonds as you would guess, but rather from apricot kernels.
3-Ingredient Amaretto Cocktail
This summer cocktail is incredibly easy to make, all you need is just 3 ingredients:
- Amaretto liqueur: My go-to option is Disaronno Amaretto, but feel free to use another brand if you like.
- Freshly-squeezed orange juice: the key for a great cocktail is freshly squeezed juice, which tastes so much better than store-bought juice.
- Sweet & sour mix: a simple liquid made with lime & lemon juice, water and sugar.
- Additional orange slices/wedges: for garnish, totally optional
Sweet and sour mix is available to buy at most grocery stores and even online.
But if you have time, you're better off making your own sour mix.
It takes literally 10 mins to prepare, it keeps fresh in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and tastes infinitely better.
Once you have all the ingredients, it takes a couple of minutes to put the amaretto cocktail together.
Place all the ingredients in a shaker, add ice cubes, and shake shake shake.
Strain into a glass with a few extra ice cubes, garnish with a slice of orange and serve.
This sweet & sour amaretto orange cocktail is one of my favourite summer drinks to serve when I host a party or bbq.
The sweet & tangy flavour combo makes a refreshing incredibly delicious drink perfect to beat the heat!
What To Serve It With
For the perfect apertitivo (happy hour time), serve this cocktail with an awesome Italian aperitivo board, with delicious baked Camembert, or with caramelized pear bruschetta.
More Easy Cocktails
If you're looking for more refreshing and simple cocktails to enjoy at home, here are a few favorite ones:
Sweet & Sour Amaretto Orange Cocktail
- 20 ml Amaretto liqueur
- 40 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 20 ml sweet & sour mix
- ice cubes
- orange slice, to serve
- Place all the ingredients into a shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well and strain into a glass filled with extra ice cubes.
- Garnish with an orange slice and serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
i want to make a pitcher of the sweet & sour amaretto punch. How many parts of each would I need?
Hi Shera, the above recipe makes 1 Amaretto sweet& sour and it's usually 1 part amaretto (usually 2oz), 1 part sweet & sour mix (2oz), and 4oz fresh orange juice.
For a standard 32oz pitcher (serves 4) : 8oz amaretto, 8oz sweet&sour mix and 16oz fresh orange juice :).