Baked Tomatoes are simple, quick to make and bursting with fresh aromatic flavors – An easy side dish or appetizer that will please the entire family!
Easy Baked Tomatoes
- 150 gr / 5oz fresh breadcrumbs not too fine ( I made mine with italian-style ciabatta bread)
- 2 tbsp Bertolli Light spread melted
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Put the bread crumbs, basil, garlic, Bertolli Light spread in a mixing bowl. Mix well until the ingredients are combined and the bread crumbs are well coated with spread. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice off the top of each tomato, scoop out some of the pulp and arrange on a baking tray or muffin tin.
- Fill the tomatoes with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Bake for about 10-12 mins, or until tomatoes are soften and crispy on top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with your favorite main or with a salad and toasted bread on the side. Enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Bertolli, and as usual all opinions are my own. I’ve been a HUGE fan of this brand for a long time, and can only recommend it to all of you! Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Petite Cook.