How to stick to your 2015 new year’s healthy food resolutions? This delightful Bresaola with Egg Ribbons and baby salad leaves is coming to rescue you!
I’m sure most of us promised themselves to eat better and follow a healthy lifestyle this year ( like every year), so here I am to help you and myself keep that promise.
Bresaola is a typical Italian air-dried salted beef very tender and lean, and packed with proteins. It’s usually served paper thin with rocket salad and shaved Parmesan.
This is one of the most quick recipes you can find, it takes a little less than 5 mins to make it. I’ve decided to swap the cheese with extra proteins by adding a very thin sliced “omelette” ( just egg, no cheese, milk or butter). I’ve also added a finely cubed Granny Smith Apple, hidden beneath a nest baby salad leaves, to give a crunchy & refreshing texture to the dish. Plus, it helps you make 1 of your 5 a day.
If you’re on a paleo diet ( learn more about paleo here) this is the perfect dish for you, and if you’re not, you’re gonna love it anyway. Serve it as a main course for a quick dinner, but it also makes an elegant antipasti if you have guests coming over.
Now you have no excuses, stick to your healthy 2015 resolutions and have a great year!
Bresaola with Egg Ribbons and Green Apple Salad
- 8 slices of paper-thin Bresaola
- 1 Granny Smith apple cubed
- 2 good handfuls of rocket and baby salad leaves
- 2 eggs
- fresh herby fennel tops or thyme leaves to decorate
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- Exrtavirgin olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Mix the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper and add a splash of water to the mixture.
- Rub a glug of oil over the bottom of a non-stick frying pan and place it over medium heat.
- Gently pour the eggs mixture over the pan and cook for about 1 min.
- Once is done, peel the omelette way with the help of spatula. Do it gently so it doesn't break.
- Transfer the omelette on a cutting board and roll into a wrap. Cut into very thin slices and set aside to cool a little.
- Mix the omelette ribbons with the salad leaves and a squeeze of lemon. Season to taste.
- Arrange 4 slices of Bresaola around the plate, fill with half the cubed apple, and place the baby salad&omelette on top.
- Decorate with fresh herbs, little olive oil and season to taste.