These flavour-packed gluten-free Eggplant Roll-ups with Grana Padano and Prosciutto di San Daniele are super easy to make, require minimum cooking and are perfect for any party!
If you're looking for a quick and easy appetizer/finger food to serve at your next party, look no further!
These eggplant roll-ups are perfect party material! They make a great light bite-sized appetizer, plus they are awesomely gluten-free.
This recipe comes together in less than 30 min and only requires 4 simple amazing ingredients: eggplant (aubergine), fresh rocket leaves, Grana Padano cheese and Prosciutto di San Daniele.
**This post is sponsored by Grana Padano and Prosciutto di San Daniele. All opinions are my own**
I've already told you recently, how much I love using authentic Italian products in my cooking, and Grana Padano cheese & Prosciutto di San Daniele are definitely two of my favorites.
Grana Padano is produced in the Italian Po River Valley since the 12th century, and its recipe and ageing process has remained the same ever since.
This cheese has bold but not over-powering taste, allows to be paired with a whole range of different ingredients, including eggplant. Plus, it's loaded with protein, which is a nice bonus!
Prosciutto di San Daniele is not like any other dry-cured ham. It's made solely with pigs born and bred in Italy, and only sea salt is added during the curing process, so it's entirely free of other preservatives or additives.
Prosciutto di San Daniele has a delicious savoury taste with a deliciously sweet note at the end.
It gives a nice but delicate meaty taste to these light rolls, and pairs amazingly well with the lightly smoky flavour of the eggplant.
Both Grana Padano and Prosciutto di San Daniele have been awarded PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) status since 1996, to ensure the quality of these unique products is maintained.
So, make sure the packaging shows the PDO mark when you look out for them.
I can't stress enough how incredibly easy this recipe is to make.
All you have to do is grill some eggplant slices, fill them up with a mix of fresh rocket leaves, Prosciutto di San Daniele and Grana Padano cheese shavings, and roll them all up.
To make things quicker, you can also grill the eggplant a few hours ahead and assemble your rolls with the filling just before serving.
To make even thinly-sliced eggplant, make yourself a favour and use a mandolin, this way the slicing process will take you no more than 1 minute, and you'll have perfect even-sized slices.
Truly, there’s nothing not to like about this recipe.
Serve these tasty eggplant rolls as finger food at your next dinner and holiday party and watch the crowds go wild!
More Italian recipes to try:
- Bruschetta with Caramelised Pears & Grana Padano Riserva
- BEST Italian Homemade Pizza Dough
- Authentic Italian Tomato Sauce
Eggplant Roll-ups (gluten-free)
- 2 eggplants
- handful of fresh rocket leaves
- 2-3 slices Prosciutto di San Daniele
- 85 g Grana Padano cheese, chopped in small chunks
- Finely slice the eggplants into even-sized slices, either by using a mandolin or with the help of a sharp knife. Set aside all the small slices for another recipe.
- Heat a large grilling pan over med-high heat. Brush each eggplant slice with olive oil if you like, then grill over the pan until cooked, about 2 min on each side.
- Top each slice with a small amount of rocket, half slice of Prosciutto di San Daniele and 3-4 small chunks of Grana Padano cheese.
- Roll each slice, then arrange two rolls together and secure with a bamboo skewer.
- Serve straight away or refrigerate for up to 2 hours until ready to serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.