Discover the magic behind Salted Caramel Sauce through this super quick and incredibly easy recipe.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs agave syrup or Corn syrup
- 2-½ tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs water
- Heat a saucepan over low heat with heavy cream, butter and salt. Once butter is melted, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Bring a large saucepan with sugar, syrup, and water to a boil over medium heat.
- Continue to boil the sugar mixture, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Cook until the sugar becomes amber-colored.
- Reduce the heat to low, and gradually incorporate the cream mixture in, whisking continuously to avoid lumps.
- Transfer the salty caramel sauce to a heat-proof bowl and allow to cool. Store in a jar and try not to finish it before dinner time!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.