Learn how to make homemade salted caramel sauce with this super quick and incredibly easy recipe.
You can't help falling in love with this indulgent, decadent salted caramel sauce. Being a huge fan, it’s almost impossible to decide whether it goes better with brownies, cakes, hot chocolate or just by itself with the help of a giant spoon!
This rich homemade salted caramel sauce really brings the best out of any dessert and is also quite addicting, so handle with care.
What’s best about it is that you can make it at home with no effort at all.
This recipe takes only 15 min, all you need is two good quality deep saucepans and some easy ingredients.
No trip to the supermarket required only simple ingredients you'll probably have in the kitchen already.
And you're just 15 mins away from a far better caramel sauce that you could have possibly found at the store.
Make sure to store your caramel sauce in the fridge for no longer than 3 days. But I'm pretty confident it will be long gone by then!
You can also divide the caramel sauce into cute small jars for a fantastic Christmas homemade gift idea.
Use this incredible homemade caramel sauce to boost up any dessert recipe, from the most simple chocolate ice cream to decadent brownies!
Salted Caramel Sauce
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbs agave syrup, or Corn syrup
- 2-½ tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs water
- Heat a saucepan over low heat with heavy cream, butter and salt. Once butter is melted, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Bring a large saucepan with sugar, syrup, and water to a boil over medium heat.
- Continue to boil the sugar mixture, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Cook until the sugar becomes amber-colored.
- Reduce the heat to low, and gradually incorporate the cream mixture in, whisking continuously to avoid lumps.
- Transfer the salty caramel sauce to a heat-proof bowl and allow to cool. Store in a jar and try not to finish it before dinner time!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Love salted caramel sauce. This post has definitely inspired me to make a batch!
The Petite Cook says
Yay to caramel sauce! Hope you like it as much as I do 🙂