Upgrade your snack menu with these savoury Chorizo & Pumpkin Muffins. Perfect for breakfast or as an appetizer to share.
These savory muffins are a fantastic snack option, whether you serve them at breakfast/brunch/lunch/tea time.
They're amazingly easy to make and are ready in less than 30 min.
You can easily make these muffins ahead and even store them in the freezer. This way you'll have a quick breakfast on the go option during a busy work/school week.
You only need few simple ingredients, including seasonal pumpkin and a spicy good-quality Spanish chorizo.
If chorizo is too spicy for your tastebuds ( make sure you use organic non-processed chorizo to avoid soy and gluten), try Italian smoked pancetta.
Slightly peppery and packed with aromatic flavors, pancetta is a great alternative to spicy chorizo.
The recipe couldn't be easier.
All you have to do is stir-fry the chorizo with some previously roasted pumpkin, fresh thyme and spring onions.
Gently mix all ingredients together until just combined.
I've also managed to sneak in some grated broccoli florets. It's a smart way to give extra vitamins to no-veggie fans and add a nice crunchy texture.
Pour the muffin mixture into a small non-stick muffin pan, and bake for 15 mins.
Your kitchen will smell delicious after about 10 mins, try to hold yourself tight and wait until your muffins are golden and crisp on top.
Allow cooling a very tiny bit before devouring them up!
I hope you give these chorizo and pumpkin muffins a try. They make a wonderful grab-and-go breakfast or lunch option, but are just as a great as finger food to share over drinks!
More Happy Hour Recipes:
Don’t forget to snap a picture, tag it #thepetitecook and share it with me on Instagram! Looking at your pictures makes me always smile :).
Chorizo & Pumpkin Muffins
- 200 g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- few sprigs of thyme
- 200 g chorizo, finely cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 slice ciabatta bread, finely cubed
- 60 g greek yogurt
- 60 g crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 60 g raw broccoli florets, grated
- Extravirgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season pumpkin cubes with salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Bake in a preheated oven to 360°F/180°C for 15 mins.
- Once the pumpkin is soft and cooked through, remove from the oven and transfer into a bowl.
- Heat a large pan until medium-hot. Dry-fry the chorizo bits until crisp, then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fold in spring onions and pumpkin. Season and saute' for 2 mins.
- Remove from the heat and transfer into a bowl to cool down.
- In a large bowl beat well the eggs and season. Add crumbled feta, yogurt, bread, grated broccoli and almond flour.
- Mix well, fold the chorizo mixture in and gently combine all ingredients.
- Divide the mixture evenly into a small non-stick muffin pan sprayed with baking oil.
- Bake in a prheated oven to 360°F/180°C for about 15-20 mins until muffins are golden crisp. If they brown too fast, cover with foil.
- Remove muffins from the pan, allow to cool and serve hot or cold. You can also freeze a small batch and enjoy later.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Rach's Recipes says
I made these yesterday and it was a real winner. I just substituted mature cheddar for feta, and it came out delicious too! So good thank you for this recipe.
I'm so glad you liked them Rach! Brilliant idea substituting feta with cheddar, I MUST give it a try!
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Never mad chorizo muffins before! This is definitely something delicious that I need to try!
The Petite Cook says
They're absolutely mouth-watering! I've also tried to swap chorizo with parma ham, to make it spicy-free and kids friendly 🙂