Crunchy homemade granola, layered with rich cheesecake filling, and fresh summer berries – This gluten-free Berry Cheesecake Parfait makes a light quick dessert, ready in just 15 min!
I love parfaits, they're SO effortlessly easy to make, and pretty enough to be served as dessert.
A really lovely last-minute idea when you have unexpected guests or just want to whip up a yummy dessert without spending too much time in the kitchen.
This Berry Cheesecake Parfait is light and refreshing, but rich and indulgent at the same time. The perfect dessert to enjoy on a summer afternoon or right after dinner.
It's elegant enough to be served at parties, but also super quick to put together in case you need to satisfy your sweet cravings any time of the day.
The recipe itself is pretty simple and requires less than 10 ingredients:
- homemade granola
- ricotta & quark cheese
- lemon zest
- your favourite summer berries
All you have to do is mix together all the cheesecake ingredients, then alternate the ingredients in a dessert glass. Finally, top with some fresh berries and you're good to go.
If you have time to make your own granola, I highly recommend it.
I've followed my homemade granola recipe, but omitted the cocoa and chocolate, to make things lighter.
Also, to make this Berry Cheesecake Parfait 100% gluten-free, make sure to choose gluten-free oats.
For the cheesecake filling, I’ve used a mix of sweet Italian ricotta, one of the lightest and healthiest cheeses on earth, and German quark cheese, which is low in fat and high in protein.
The combo of the two balance very well each other, resulting in a rich, light, slightly tangy filling.
Crunchy, creamy, refreshing and loaded with summer berries, there's everything to love about this Berry Cheesecake Parfait.
It’s a wonderful indulgent weekend breakfast or dessert option when you don’t feel like baking, or spending too much time in the kitchen!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
Berry Cheesecake Parfait
- 200 gr granola I've used homemade granola
- 100 gr strawberries finely chopped
- 100 gr blueberries
- 100 gr blackberries
- 4 strawberries to decorate
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- For the cheesecake filling:
- 350 gr fresh ricotta cheese well drained
- 150 gr light quark cheese well drained
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 lemon zested
- ½ vanilla pod seeds scraped
- For the cheesecake filling: place the ricotta and quark in a large bowl and mix until smooth and creamy. Add in the lemon zest, sugar and vanilla seeds, and mix through until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble the parfait: layer half the granola on the bottom of 4 dessert glasses.
- Top with half the cheesecake filling, half of the chopped strawberries, ⅓ of the blueberries and ⅓ of the blackberries.
- Fill the glasses with another layer of granola, the remaining chopped strawberries, ⅓ of blueberries, ⅓ of blackberries and top with a final layer of cheesecake filling.
- Decorate each glass with fresh whole strawberries, the remaining blueberries and blackberries, mint leaves, sprinkle with a little granola and serve immediately.
Make sure you assemble the parfait at the very last minute, so that the granola remains nice and crunchy.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.