If you look for something quick, easy to make and full of flavor, then you came to the right place, a Salmon Fishcakes recipe will really be an amazing choice!!
Homemade Salmon Fishcakes are a fantastic quick dinner or lunch option, easy to prepare and so much better than store-bought ones. Plus they boost your intake of Omega-3, making them one of the very best healthy recipe you can find on the net.
You can choose to opt for canned salmon, making this recipe even faster, although fresh salmon is unbeatable.
These patties are so tasty is highly recommended to double or even triple the ingredients the recipe calls for, so you can freeze the leftover fish cakes (without flouring them) and have them always at hand!
Savory and crisp, pair your fishcakes with zesty flavors, that help clean the palate from the fattiness of the salmon. A lime yogurt dip will give you a refreshing burst, delicious and low on calories, for a well balanced meal.
They are super versatile, whether you cook them for your family or for a large party, these Salmon Fishcakes will really impress your guests!
If you are in a rush, there are more quick meal recipes ready for you to try!
Salmon Cakes with Spicy Lime Yogurt Dip
- 7 oz 180gr Salmon fillet, skin and bones removed
- Extravirgin olive oil for brushing
- Salt and pink pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup Fresh breadcrumbs
- Panko or dry breadcrumbs for coating
- 1 Egg white
- 1 Spring onion minced
- 1 small Potato cooked and peeled
- 1 tsp Grated ginger
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- 1 tbsp Flat parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- For the spicy lime dip:
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Soft goat cheese
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 Thai red chili seeds removed and sliced
- 1 Spring onion minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush with olive oil the salmon and season to taste. Bake in a baking dish covered with parchment, in a preheated oven to 350F(180C) for 3 mins. Pat dry on kitchen paper and flake with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine salmon, breadcrumbs, onion, ginger, lime zest, potato, egg white, sesame oil and seeds.
- Mix with the help of your hands until combined. Add more breadcrumbs if you don't reach a consistent texture. Season to taste and form about 3.5oz (100gr) each balls.
- Flatten each ball a little bit to form your cakes. Arrange panko or breadcrumbs on a plate, and evenly coat each salmon cake.
- Heat a frying pan with the veg oil and pat with kitchen paper to absorb the exceeding oil.
- Cook salmon cakes 2 mins on each side, until golden and crisp.
- In a bowl whisk yogurt with goat cheese until combined. Add chili, spring onion and lime juice & zest. Mix together, season to taste and serve with your salmon cakes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.