Give a fall twist to the classic Italian Bruschetta – This warm, crunchy vegetarian Roasted Pumpkin Bruschetta makes a great seasonal appetizer for your holiday dinner parties.
I’m always amazed at how something so simple such as a slice of bread topped with few wholesome ingredients, can be so unbelievably good.
This bruschetta pairs together some of my favourite fall foods, pumpkin and cranberries, served on a slice of crunchy warm ciabatta bread. It’s a great seasonal twist to the classic tomato bruschetta we all love, but just as easy to make.
This Roasted Pumpkin Bruschetta looks so pretty and authentic, they will make a great little appetizer at a holiday gathering or dinner party.
My favourite Italian-style fall dinner menu showcases this tasty bruschetta followed by a super creamy and seasonal Chicken Kale & Pumpkin pasta I made in collaboration with Bertolli (check out the recipe here). I recently served these two dishes at a dinner party, and both were a huge hit!
This Chicken Kale & Pumpkin pasta is packed with simple, awesomely nutritious ingredients, and it’s perfect to use any leftover pumpkin from your bruschetta. Did I mention it comes together in less than 30 min? All you need is few, simple fresh ingredients, and a final touch of Bertolli with Butter, which will give an extra silky and creamy finish to this fantastic seasonal pasta.
Crunchy hot bruschetta and creamy, rich and veggie-loaded pasta – these two seasonal recipes are the ultimate combo for THE perfect, heart-warming fall dinner.
Back to this luscious roasted pumpkin bruschetta. I absolutely love the combo of flavour. There’s just something about the sweetness of the pumpkin, the freshness of the ricotta mixed with aromatic herbs, and the tangy cranberry sauce. They all combine together for a match made in heaven.
The star of this bruschetta is undeniably the roasted pumpkin. To give extra richness to the pumpkin, I’ve added some Bertolli with Butter, which gives a rich buttery finish and a delicate olive oil aroma.
Being Italian, I was already a huge fan of Bertolli extra virgin olive oil, but I totally loved the nice buttery flavour that the Bertolli with Butter adds to this recipe, bringing it to a whole different level of awesomeness.
Making this awesome bruschetta is all pretty easy, and basically calls for only 3 main simple ingredients, just the way proper Italian tradition wants.
Simply roast some pumpkin cubes with crushed garlic, onion and aromatic herbs. Char-grill few slices of crusty ciabatta bread on a grilling pan.
Top with a mixture of ricotta and fresh aromatic herbs, few rocket leaves followed by the beautifully sweet roasted pumpkin cubes, and spoon over some delicious homemade cranberry sauce.
This roasted pumpkin bruschetta will make a great vegetarian option at your next festive dinner party. Best of all, they’ll be on your party table in 30 minutes or less!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
- 6 slices ciabatta or sordough bread
- 300gr cubed, peeled and seeded pumpkin
- 1 tbsp melted Bertolli with butter
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes (optional)
- 1 sprig of thyme, teared
- 250gr ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped sage leaves
- handful of fresh rocket leaves
- 4 tbsp homemade cranberry sauce
- Sea salt flakes and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220C and line one oven tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together pumpkin cubes, melted Bertolli with Butter, minced shallot, chilli flakes, and thyme leaves. Season to taste and transfer onto the prepared oven tray.
- Roast for 20 min or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ricotta with freshly chopped sage leaves. Season to taste and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill the bread slices until golden and crunchy, about 2 min on each side.
- Once the pumpkin is ready, assemble the bruschetta.
- Spread a spoonful of prepared ricotta over each slice, sprinkle few rocket leaves over, then add a spoonful of roasted pumpkin on top.
- Drizzle some cranberry sauce over the top of each bruschetta, season with freshly cracked black pepper & sea salt flakes, and serve immediately.
This post is sponsored by Bertolli, and as usual all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Petite Cook.