Give a fall twist to the classic Italian Bruschetta - This warm, crunchy vegetarian Roasted Pumpkin Bruschetta makes a great seasonal appetizer for your holiday dinner parties.
This pumpkin bruschetta pairs together some of my favourite fall foods, pumpkin and cranberries, served on a slice of crunchy warm ciabatta bread.
Advertising: this post is sponsored by Bertolli. All opinions are my own.
It's a great seasonal twist to the classic tomato bruschetta we all love, but just as easy to make.
I'm sure it will make a great little appetizer at a holiday gathering or dinner party.
My favourite Italian-style fall dinner menu showcases this tasty bruschetta followed by a super creamy and seasonal Chicken Kale & Pumpkin pasta recipe I made in collaboration with Bertolli.
I recently served these two dishes at a dinner party, and both were a huge hit!
Back to this luscious roasted pumpkin Italian bruschetta.
I absolutely love the combo of flavour. There’s just something about the sweetness of the pumpkin, the freshness of the ricotta mixed with aromatic herbs, and the tangy cranberry sauce.
They all combine together for a match made in heaven.
The star of this bruschetta is undeniably the roasted pumpkin.
To give extra richness to the pumpkin, I've added some Bertolli with Butter, which gives a rich buttery finish and a delicate olive oil aroma.
Making this awesome bruschetta is all pretty easy, and basically calls for only 3 main simple ingredients, just the way proper Italian tradition wants.
Simply roast some pumpkin cubes with crushed garlic, onion and aromatic herbs.
Char-grill few slices of crusty ciabatta bread on a grilling pan.
Top with a mixture of ricotta and fresh aromatic herbs, few rocket leaves followed by the roasted pumpkin cubes, and spoon over some homemade cranberry sauce.
This roasted pumpkin bruschetta will make a great vegetarian option at your next festive dinner party.
Best of all, they’ll be at your party table in 30 minutes or less!
More pumpkin recipes to try:
- Vegan Pumpkin and Carrot Soup
- One-Pot Barley Risotto with Pumpkin and Rosemary
- Pumpkin Muffins With Chocolate Chips (dairy-free!)
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
Roasted Pumpkin Bruschetta with Ricotta and Cranberry Sauce
- 6 slices ciabatta or sordough bread
- 300 gr cubed peeled and seeded pumpkin
- 1 tbsp melted Bertolli with butter
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes optional
- 1 sprig of thyme teared
- 250 gr ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped sage leaves
- handful of fresh rocket leaves
- 4 tbsp homemade cranberry sauce
- Sea salt flakes and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220C and line one oven tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together pumpkin cubes, melted Bertolli with Butter, minced shallot, chilli flakes, and thyme leaves. Season to taste and transfer onto the prepared oven tray.
- Roast for 20 min or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ricotta with freshly chopped sage leaves. Season to taste and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill the bread slices until golden and crunchy, about 2 min on each side.
- Once the pumpkin is ready, assemble the bruschetta.
- Spread a spoonful of prepared ricotta over each slice, sprinkle few rocket leaves over, then add a spoonful of roasted pumpkin on top.
- Drizzle some cranberry sauce over the top of each bruschetta, season with freshly cracked black pepper & sea salt flakes, and serve immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This post is sponsored by Bertolli, and as usual, all opinions are my own.