Looking for a delicious and nutritious drink to fuel you up? Make this Fruit Freakshake – Packed with fresh fruit and no added sugar!
This Fruit Freakshake is the perfect treat to enjoy on a hot day.
I love making it during the weekend, as I have more time to dress it up with all the fruit on top.
BUT, if you don't fancy all the yummy décor, this Fruit Freakshake takes just 5 minutes to make, making it a perfect breakfast-on-the-go on busy mornings.
This is definitely not an ordinary milkshake though, is loaded with fresh fruits, highly nutritious and healthier than the average milkshake thanks to my secret nice cream trick.
We’ve been hooked to nice cream since I first made it years ago.
We eat it regularly, so it was no brainer for me to use it in place of regular ice-cream in this awesome Fruit Freakshake!
If you have never heard of nice cream, is a magic ice-cream made with a frozen chopped banana blended up into soft serve.
It takes literally 3 minutes to make and you’ve got the most delicious and healthy ice cream ever.
How to Make A Fruit Freakshake
To make this Fruit Freakshake, I’ve used frozen banana as a base, then added mango and coconut milk for the lower layer, and fresh and frozen berries for the top one.
The best part is that you don’t need to add any extra sugar, as the banana sweeten things up naturally.
This nutrient-packed Fruit Freakshake is easy to customize with your favorite fruit.
I love the sweetness of the mango contrasting the tart flavour of fresh berries.
But feel free to experiment with any other fruit that will give a similar contrast of flavour.
More Smoothies Recipes To Try
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thepetitecook! Looking at your pictures always makes me smile *and super hungry*!
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 60 ml coconut milk
- 1 large mango, finely chopped
- 150 g mixed frozen berries, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry
- 50 g fresh strawberries
- handful of fresh fruit of your choice
- 2 tablespoon granola, crumbled
- Add bananas to the food processor (or high-powerful blender) and blend.
- Scrape down the sides every now and then and continue to blend until smooth, approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove half the nice cream and set aside, then fold chopped mango and half the milk into the food processor, and blend until creamy.
- Divide the mango shake between two glasses and set aside in the freezer for 2 minutes.
- Fold the remaining ice cream back in the food processor, then add fresh & frozen berries and milk, and blend until creamy.
- Divide the berry shake between the two glasses and serve immediately.
- For the toppings & decoration: Rim the glasses with a little honey and spread crumbled granola all over (optional).
- Thread any of your favorite fruit onto two skewers, and arrange into the serving glasses.
- Top each fruit freakshake with extra frozen berries and serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.