This vitamin-packed refreshing green juice is loaded with nutrients, and naturally dairy-free, vegan and gluten-free. A great energy boost to start your day at the best!
I love starting the day with a delicious homemade smoothie or juice.
If you ask me, this green juice is the rock star of all the juices.
All you need to make this energizing juice is 6 ingredients: celery, spinach, cucumber, green apple, mint leaves and a tiny bit of fresh ginger.
You don’t need to be super strict with the ingredients!
I often throw in a bunch of kale, or romaine if I have them at hand. Carrots are also great add-ons!
Preparation and storage tips
Packed with oh-so-good-for-you ingredients, it takes 5 minutes to make this nutritious drink.
Here are some favourite tips to ensure you make the best green juice ever:
- I like to keep the skin on the green apple and cucumber, but feel free to peel it away if you’re not a fan.
- Core the apples and cut off the ends of the cucumber and they’re ready to be used.
- Give all the ingredients a nice wash under cool running water before use.
- If you have time, soak them in a bowl with water and vinegar or baking soda, then wash them and pat them dry with a clean towel.
- *I do buy all these ingredients organic, but I still wash them before use.*
- If you’re in a hurry, you can prepare this homemade juice the night before. It keeps well in the fridge for 24-48 hours.
- Don’t’ forget that the longer the juice sits around for, the more the juice nutrients will be oxidised and damaged.
Better To Use a Blender or a Juicer?
You can use a high-powerful blender or a juicer.
I use both appliances interchangeably and the results are almost identical.
A juicer will eliminate all the fiber, making this juice super easy to digest.
A blender, on the other hand, will minimize waste and will give you a more full-filling drink.
So, it’s really up to you to choose your favourite method.
I’m sure you know by now that we need to get at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables every day for a healthier life.
Juicing/blending fruit and veggies is an easy way to guarantee that you get your daily income.
I like to drink this green juice first thing in the morning.
However, feel free to drink it any time you fancy it or whenever you feel the need for a little energy boost.
This nutrient-packed drink is the perfect combo of tangy & sweet flavours.
And not only it tastes good, but it’s also loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber and other good-for-you nutrients.
All the good reasons to give it a try!
Morning Green Juice
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 cucumber ends cut off
- 1 green apple cored
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- a bunch of fresh spinach leaves
- 6 fresh mint leaves
Green Juice in a juicer recipe:
- Place the celery stalks into the juicer and juice. Repeat with the other ingredients in the order listed until all ingredients are juiced. Pour into a glass and serve.
Green Juice in a blender recipe:
- Put celery, cucumber, apple, ginger and half a glass of water into your blender, then pulse until liquefied. Add the spinach and mint leaves and pulse until liquefied. Pour into a glass and serve.
*This post was originally posted in January 2016 and updated with an improved recipe and more info*