Banana Cocoa and Honey muffins made without dairy, gluten or refined sugar. These muffins are so fluffy and delicious, you would never guess that they’re super healthy!
It’s hard to resist a yummy freshly baked muffin, so why should you?
Perfect for breakfast and packed with healthy ingredients, these banana cocoa and honey muffins are deliciously soft and rich. Plus, they’re secretly super healthy, gluten-free and dairy free, and don’t contain refined sugar. Just all-natural, whole foods that are good for your body.
The best part is, they are all ready in less than 30 mins. All you need is 7 simple ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen already, and a little if not effort at all. Fold all your ingredients in a food processor (I use this smart mixer, but you can also do it by hand) and give it a quick pulse.
These Banana Cocoa and Honey muffins taste as good as they look and would be perfect for anything from breakfast to a party. I love to have mine in the morning with a nice cup of tea, and I can’t help drizzling a little honey over the top. Trust me, it’s simply divine.
These muffins are SO indulgent, fluffy and have the perfect sweetness balance. I make them all year round. Even in the summer months, they are great for picnics or for snacking around on a day at the beach.
So, what do you think? I really hope you’ll give them a try, they’re so incredibly quick and easy to make! If you do, please leave a comment below and let me know how you liked them. And don’t forget to take a picture, tag it #thepetitecook and share it with me on Instagram!
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp favorite honey
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 140gr rice flour
- 2 tbsp good quality dutch cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120ml light extravirgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/1 60C fan/ 375F
- Beat eggs until light, then fold the flour in, followed by olive oil, baking powder, cocoa and mashed bananas.
- Divide the mixture into the muffin tin filling ⅔ of each mould.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins then serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days.