This guilt-free 2-ingredient blackberry ice cream is the ultimate vegan dessert for every ice cream lover!
Did you know a banana can turn almost any fruit into ice cream in a matter of seconds? Yes, and it’s awesome. Slice and freeze some ripe bananas, then mix them in a food processor together with fresh blackberries. Pulse until the mixture is creamy, scraping down the mix with a spatula when necessary.
Frozen sliced ripe bananas add a creamy texture and a natural sweetness, so you can skip extra sugars and dairy products. This means this ice cream is totally vegan, fat-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free and anything else. Only pure guilt-free pleasure for your tastebuds.
There you go, dessert is ready, and no need of ice cream maker. You’re welcome!
Serve the ice cream on its own in pretty cups or on ice cream cones. I’ve slightly dipped the cones into melted dark chocolate and topped the ice cream with some coconut flakes. But you can also add chopped hazelnuts, flaked almonds, and even pistachios if you like. I say go for it!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup blackberries
- coconut flakes or chopped hazelnuts/pistachio/almond, to decorate
- Slice the bananas and arrange on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 2 h or overnight.
- Place the banana slices in a food processor.Pulse for 1 min, scraping down the banana mixture with a spatula.
- Pulse for another minute until smooth.
- Add in blackberries and pulse until combined.
- Decorate with chopped nuts and serve immediately. If the ice cream is too soft, freeze for 15mins and gently mix with a fork until smooth.