This grilled chicken with green bean potato salad is one of those perfect-for-every-season meals. Light, full-filling and gluten-free!
Ready in just 30 mins, and with less than 10 ingredients required, this Grilled Chicken with Green Bean Potato Salad is also awesomely gluten-free.
It's one of those simple meals great to enjoy when you have had a busy day and really don't won't be around the kitchen more than necessary.
The refreshing Green Bean Potato Salad is made with new potatoes and crispy green beans tossed in a vibrant mustard vinaigrette.
It's super versatile, and great with grilled fish, a simple poached egg or slow-cooked beef for a more wintery meal.
I always try to make the effort and prepare new creative recipes, so we don't get bored with the same meals over again.
But sometimes I just get stuck for ideas, or simply don't have time and energy to think about our next meal, and that's why HelloFresh comes super handy.HelloFresh offers a huge range of weekly meal boxes. Each box containing easy-to-follow recipes with step-by-step pictures, plus all the ingredients you need.
Each recipe box contains the exact ingredients and quantities you need to make up your meal.
I absolutely love this, because there's no need to weigh up the ingredients, no waste involved and it's great for portion control. It really makes cooking totally fuss-free.Back to this awesome Grilled Chicken with Green Bean Potato Salad - It really makes a lovely simple meal to enjoy these last days of summer.
It's perfect to feed a whole family or for a quick meal for yourself when you don't fancy cooking too much.
Plus the Green Bean Potato Salad tastes incredible even the next day, so it makes a great option for a lunch box to bring along at work.
Light, full-filling and ready in less than 30 mins, this Grilled Chicken with Green Bean Potato Salad makes dinnertime as easy as it could possibly be!
Grilled Chicken with Green Bean Potato Salad
For the Green Bean Potato Salad:
- 200 g new potatoes
- 100 g fresh green beans
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 3 spring onions
- 1 celery stick
- a handful of fresh parsley
- 50 ml of fresh sour cream, I use light sour cream
For the Grilled Chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large saucepan of water with a pinch of salt on to boil.
- Chop the new potatoes into halves, and add them into the pan of boiling water.
- Cook until just tender, about 10 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon and transfer into a large bowl.
- Trim the tops from the green beans and then cut them in half. Add into the same pot where you cooked the potatoes and cook for about 4 min, until just tender but still crisp. Drain the beans in a colander and put them in a bowl of cold water to stop them going soft. Then, transfer into the bowl with the potatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix the wholegrain mustard with the vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Finely slice the spring onions. Finely chop the celery and parsley and fold them all into the bowl with the potatoes and green beans.
- Pour in the prepared vinaigrette, sour cream and mix all the ingredients together. Allow to rest to bring out all the flavour, in the meantime prepare the chicken.
- For the chicken, you can leave the breasts whole (but it will take more time to cook), or slice into them from the side so you can open it up like a book. Place the chicken between two sheets of clingfilm. Roll all over the chicken with a rolling pin until it is 1cm thick.
- Brush the prepared chicken breasts with a glug of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste on both sides.
- Cook on a hot grilling pan for 4 mins on each side, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and serve alongside your prepared green bean potato salad.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Michelle @ Greedy Gourmet says
Wow, that looks delicious! HelloFresh shows us how easy and enjoyable gluten-free living can be.
Kaz & Ickle Pickle (@IcklePicklex) says
This looks so good! We eat a lot of chicken and will definitely try this thank you. Kaz x
Potatoe salad is my favourite and I love a more healthy alternative to it; will definitely try this out at uni 🙂
This looks like a really delicious dish! Grilled Chicken is one of my favourite foods
Dena Jayne (@denajaynex) says
This looks delicious, will deffo have to make it x
Wow this looks so delicious. I'd love to try this out myself at home. Your photography skills are amazing!
This looks so incredibly tasty! I cannot wait to try this recipe out, thanks for the share.
Lynne Harper says
This looks absolutely delicious and super creamy, I love meals like this that aren't too heavy but filling x
I love the idea of someone else planning recipes and ingredients for me for a change, especially on evenings when I just don't have the energy to think of something delicious and healthy to make. The salad sounds so yummy and fresh 😀
What a lovely summery dish. So easy and simple to make too. The Flavour Generator is a genius idea!
I am definetly going to check out the flavour generator, it's so hard to come up with original ideas for meals all the time. This is a perfect summery dish light and healthy.
LaaLaa (@LaaLaaMonroe) says
Beautiful photography, love a quick meal and potato salad - WIN! Going to have to look through other recipes of yours to pin now x
The Inner Circle says
Another wonderful looking and adventuresome dish,Andrea....enjoyed reading this and I also pinned it.