All you need is just 3 ingredients and 15 min to make this Chocolate Banana Sushi – This easy dessert is naturally gluten-free, vegan and kids love it!
Once you try this chocolate banana sushi, you will wonder why you haven’t made it before!
It surely has it all. It’s delicious, looks pretty awesome and is totally good for you. As an added bonus, kids love it too!
This fun sweet “sushi” makes such a showstopping party food! It’s also great for a quick snack the whole family can enjoy.
Seriously, how fabulous is that? Healthy bananas covered with decadent dark chocolate and topped with crunchy, protein-rich pistachios.
This chocolate banana sushi is the ultimate sweet treat that is actually good for you.
Banana Sushi Ingredient Tips
All you need to make this sweet homemade sushi at home is just 3 ingredients:
– Dark chocolate
I recommend using high-quality 72% dark chocolate, made with cocoa butter and cocoa beans and no additives.
It’s super good for you and it will guarantee that your chocolate sticks well to the banana.
Use bananas that are just perfectly ready to eat ( not the green or overripe bananas).
Don’t skip on the pistachio! I’m a huge fan of this superfood, it adds a lovely crunchiness and subtle sweetness to pretty much any kind of sweet and savoury recipe.
Pistachios are powerful tiny nuts. They are a great source of many essential vitamins, minerals and fiber.
Above all, they’re packed with protein, and snacking on them can help you feel fuller during the day.
However, if you’re not a fan, substitute the pistachio with any other nut.
Roasted hazelnuts, almonds, pecan, peanuts and walnuts are just a few other favourite options.
How To Make Banana Sushi
This awesome, delicious banana recipe takes no more than 15 mins to put together and 3 simple steps:
1) Cover the bananas with melted chocolate.
To avoid sticky chocolatey fingers, stick a toothpick at both ends of the bananas, so it’s easier to hold them while you cover them.
2) Sprinkle the bananas with chopped pistachios and put them in the freezer for a couple of minutes, to allow the chocolate to set.
3) Once the chocolate is hard enough, cut the bananas into bite-sized sushi pieces with a sharp knife.
That’s it, I promise it takes longer to read the recipe than actually making it!
Plus, I’ve added my banana sushi video tutorial to show you how easy it really is.
This easy banana dessert is SO pretty, fun and surprisingly simple to put together.
Whether you’re serving them for a party, or simply looking for a healthy delicious snack for you and the rest of the family, this snack is a total success!
More Toppings and Combo to Try:
I love this pistachio + chocolate version, but if you’d like to try more fun ways to jazz up your banana sushi, here are a few other favourite toppings:
- Chocolate + Drizzled Almond Butter
- Homemade Italian Chocolate Hazelnut Spread + Chopped Hazelnuts
- Chocolate + Coconut Flakes
How to store:
Store the prepared bananas in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Chocolate Banana Sushi (Just 3 Ingredients!)
- 2 banana
- 70 gr high-quality 72% dark chocolate, melted
- 100 gr roasted pistachios, finely chopped
- Peel the bananas and stick a toothpick at both ends, so it's easier to hold them while you cover them with chocolate.
- Cover the bananas with melted chocolate, then sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Put them in the freezer for a couple of minutes, to allow the chocolate to set.
- Once the chocolate is hard enough, cut the bananas into bite-sized sushi pieces with a sharp knife.
- Serve on their own or with extra melted chocolate for dipping. Enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
**Recipe published in 2016 and updated with more info in post**